Have you accidentally deleted an app from your iPhone’s home screen or found it missing? Don’t worry! There are simple methods to get it back on your home screen. Whether it’s a pre-installed app like Camera, Messages, or a third-party app, we’ll guide you through the steps to retrieve it effortlessly.
1. Look for the App Inside the Folders
If you can’t find an app on your iPhone or Android phone’s home screen, start by checking the folders. Sometimes, apps get accidentally moved to a folder. If you locate the app inside a folder, just long-press it and drag it back to the home screen.
Tip: Folders may have multiple screens. Swipe left or right within a folder to access all the apps.
2. Add the App From App Library or App Drawer
Both iPhone and Android offer a separate screen where you can find all your installed apps. On iPhone, it’s called the App Library, while on Android, it’s the App Drawer.
If you can’t find an app on the home screen, head to the App Library or App Drawer to locate it.
Restore iPhone App to Home Screen From App Library
- On your iPhone, swipe left multiple times until you reach the last page of the home screen, where you’ll find the App Library.
- Swipe down on the App Library screen to open the search.
- Type the name of the missing app.
- Once it appears in the search results, long-press it and select ‘Add to home.’ If the ‘Add to home’ button isn’t visible, don’t worry; just long-press the app and drag it to the home screen.
Tip: Become an expert in managing apps on iPhone using the App Library.
Restore Android App From App Drawer
- Swipe up on the home screen of your Android phone to open the App Drawer. Some Android phones might require tapping the All apps button on the home screen.
- Find the app you want to restore. You can use the search bar at the top for quick access.
- Once you locate the app, touch and hold it, and then drag it to the home screen.
3. Unhide a Page (iPhone Only)
On iPhone, it’s possible to hide an entire home screen page, along with the apps on it. If you suspect that you’ve accidentally hidden a home screen page, here’s how to unhide it:
- Touch and hold any empty space on your iPhone’s home screen until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap on the page dots at the bottom.
- Tap on the selection box under the page you want to show on your home screen. That’s it! The page will reappear on the home screen.
4. Enable Apps (Android)
On Android phones, it’s possible to disable stock apps, causing them to disappear from both the home screen and the App Drawer. If you can’t find an app, it might be disabled. Here’s how to re-enable it:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Tap on the app you want to enable.
- Press the Enable button. The app will reappear in the App Drawer.
- To add the app back, simply drag it from the App Drawer to the home screen.
Tip: Learn how to fix missing app icons on Android phones.
5. Turn off Content Restriction (iPhone)
If you can’t find the app icon on either the App Drawer or the home screen of your iPhone, it’s possible that you’ve enabled content restrictions for that app. When you do this, the app icon disappears from your iPhone. To enable the app again:
- Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & privacy restrictions > Allowed apps.
- Turn off the toggle next to the app whose icon isn’t showing. For example, if the Camera app is missing, disable the toggle next to Camera.
Tip: Check out detailed instructions on how to enable apps on iPhone.
6. Unhide Apps (Android)
Several Android phones, including Samsung Galaxy phones, allow you to hide apps. If an app icon doesn’t appear on your phone, you may have hidden it. Follow these steps to unhide it on a Samsung Galaxy phone:
- Go to Settings > Home screen > Hide apps on Home and apps screen.
- Tap on the (-) Remove icon next to the app under the Hidden apps section to unhide it.
- Press the Done button at the bottom.
7. Unlink Home Screen from Focus (iPhone)
If your entire home screen keeps disappearing on your iPhone, it’s possible that you’ve linked home screens to Focus profiles. This means that certain home screen pages will appear or disappear when you enable a specific Focus profile. To unlink home screens from Focus profiles:
- Go to Settings > Focus.
- Tap on each focus profile one by one.
- Tap on Edit under the home screen preview in the Customize screens section.
- Tap on the selection box under the selected home screen page to uncheck it.
- Repeat these steps for all Focus profiles.
Now, activating a Focus profile won’t change the home screens.
8. Reset Home Screen Layout (iPhone)
If you’ve tried all the previous methods and still can’t find or add the app, try resetting the home screen layout on your iPhone. This will restore the stock Apple apps to their original locations and delete any folders you created.
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout.
9. Reinstall and Add App Back to Home Screen
Finally, if nothing else has worked, you can try reinstalling the app. Start by uninstalling it, then reinstall it from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android). Once you’ve reinstalled the app, you can easily add it back to your home screen.
Create Home Screen Shortcuts
Once you’ve successfully retrieved the app and added it back to the main screen of your phone, you can also learn how to add site shortcuts to the home screen on iPhone. Additionally, find out how to create custom home screen shortcuts on Android.
Remember, if you ever face any issues with your apps disappearing, these simple steps will help you bring them back to your iPhone or Android home screen. Enjoy a clutter-free and convenient app experience!
For more informative articles, visit faceappmod.pro.